Monday, November 14, 2011

Just Some Stuff

1. Neal gets home Friday...by that time, he'll have been gone for 18 days. Because not only did he have to work for 14 days + travel time, but he then has to go to training this Thursday in Corpus Christi. Sweet lord, by the time Friday comes around I will have his pillow dressed up in his clothes drinking bud light and eating dinner with me.

2. And speaking of Corpus...when we lived in Austin we used to drive down to Corpus for the weekend to go see concerts at the Concrete Street Ampitheatre. I remember one time we were walking/stumbling back to the hotel after a show and it started pouring down raining. We were soaked and it could have been a scene from a romantic movie had we not stopped at the Whataburger where I proceeded to get a messy hamburger and woof it down in the hotel room where I then passed out all drenched and bloated.

3. I watched Crazy, Stupid, Love 2.5 times yesterday. Ryan Gosling. That is all.

4. I took off 3 days next week and we have holidays Thursday and Friday, so this means ONE WHOLE WEEK OF VACATION! I think this is the first time I have taken an entire week off of work since I started this job. YYYYAAAAYYYYY!!!! I am pretty sure that I will wake up Monday morning, go to the gym, then come home and look at Neal and go, "I'm bored."

5. It's mid-November, 75 degrees outside, and humid as frick. Why do I even bother with the hair straightener in the morning on days like this?

6. I think I'm going to try out a gel-polish manicure this week. I've heard good things, so I'll let you know how it goes.

7. My office has decided to start smelling like vomit in the mornings now. Not sure why. It never smelled good to begin with and it's always been sort of like a third world country, but lately its been straight-up stank. It may have something to do with the fact that our 64 year old office manager has started eating boiled eggs every morning. She eats them while she reads the obituaries on nola.com while wearing two pairs of glasses (one on top of the other) because she refuses to get cateract surgery until she qualifies for Medicare. Seriously - this place is a circus.

8. And while I've still been doing stuff to the house and getting ideas off of pinterest, the whole "DIY" craze has gotten out of control. I'm seeing posts lately for stuff like, "Do It Yourself Glue." I mean, just buy some fucking Elmers for 99cents at the Rite Aid and be done with it. I'm sure it will come in handy in the event of the apocalypse to be able to make your own glue, but is it really that necessary?

9. I've started making coffee at home in the mornings lately. I needed a break from the Starbucks iced lattes. I'm sure I'll pick up the habit again, but in the meantime I'm saving $4.78 a day. This will pay for my gel manicure. :)

2 comments:

  1. omg...i misssed you! That was fully satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you too! And don't pick the gel manicure off!!! JUST DON'T DO IT...not even one little piece...go to the place and get it soaked off!!!

    ReplyDelete