
Neal's rig is stacked right now (non-operable) and so are the other rigs his company owns. They're looking for more contracts, but thus far no one is hiring out rigs to drill for natural gas. The company has kept the toolpushers on as "rig watchers" and they've managed to do this by cutting salaries and having the guys work 14 and 7 (work for 14 days, home for 7 days). In other words, things are not looking good. He could get laid off at pretty much any time now....it's a little scary. I actually went and stayed with him out on location last weekend. We did still manage to go into Shreveport and have some fun!
School has been crazy crazy. I had three presentations to give in class last night. I was BEYOND
nervous, as I hate public speaking. They went well though and I am so very glad that they are over! I have my statistics midterm today which I have done some serious cramming for. I mean, messy hair, I really need to shower, caffeine induced cramming. It felt like 3603 Ira Street study time (without Jeanne's cat, Olive, sitting on my textbook of course). I cannot wait for this test to be over with. I still have some assignments due this weekend, but compared to the stats test and 3 presentations, they should be easy peasy.I spoke with one of my professors yesterday about job hunting in Louisiana. She gave me some contact names and ideas, and then looked at me and said "Honestly, it's going to be hard." Awesome. I've already applied to 8 or 9 jobs with the state, but I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I *think* we're going to come into town next weekend to apartment/rent house hunt on the Northshore. We decided to look for a place to rent for about 6 months. At that point, assuming that we are both employed (!), we will look for a place to buy.
So please send some happy thoughts our way! We are very ready to move and settle down in South Louisana, but we both need jobs in order to do that, ya dig? I just hope everything works out.
I'll be thinking about you. Don't forget that we will be in Walker if youe want to come visit. And Brady is hiring if either of you are intersted in the lumber business. LOL!
ReplyDeleteoh geez! Good thing is that it's a fresh new start, so anything can happen. Bad news is I know you're going to worry until everything falls into place. Best thing is that it will all work out, just keep the faith! Love you!
ReplyDelete