Thursday, June 25, 2009

MJ, Rouses, and LSU

1. First things first....Michael Jackson just died? What?? And Farrah Fawcett? And Ed McMahon passed away yesterday. Why do celebrity deaths always come in 3's? It's so sad.

2. I am currently readjusting to the slowness of south Louisiana. Everyone and everything just moves so much slower here than it does anywhere else. I am reminded of this every time I go to the local Rouses grocery store, or as I like to call it, The Crack Den. I don't know why this store is so sketchy, but it is. The people that work in this place resemble the misfit toys from Rudolph (except they're cracked out). Also, I think I may have seen our landlord's realtor working there. I guess it could have been him....the housing market isn't exactly booming.

Anyway, the white girl that was working the check-out lane next to mine was talking to the woman that was in her line. This is what she was saying..."Mmmmm Hmmmm. Yeah, so we moved in and he's all like, 'just watch you'll be pregnant in 3 months' and I'm all like shit, no, I ain't ready for dat. Mmmmm hmmm, he's 30 and I'm 19. I ain't ready to get pregnant, I already got a 2 year old."

I was so busy listening to her that I did not realize that the boy who was bagging my groceries was placing only one item in a bag. Really, every single thing I bought had its own bag. My bag of baby carrots was even double bagged.

3. Work is good so far. I enjoy what I'm doing because it's all government policy and regulations stuff. I am totally in my element. I feel that I definitely ended up where I was meant to be!

I'm pretty tired when I get home, but I'm hoping that I get over that soon. I've also managed to follow through with my morning workouts. Tues - Fri I get up at 530am to go to the gym. Yeah, I can't believe it either. I mean, I used to shower the night before work so I could sleep till 745am when I was supposed to be at work at 815. Who knew?!

4. How bout 'dem Tigahs????? Did anyone else tear up a little bit when Coach Paul was hugging his dad after the win? So sweet. And I love Les Miles for being there. We (LSU fans) currently have some of the most respectable, kind coaches in the NCAA. Now I'm ready for football!

T minus 2 hours till part 2 of the Real Housewives of NJ reunion show. Fuhgetttabouttit.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I am laughing out loud at the grocery store story. I just read it aloud to Spike and he's laughing too! Gotta love Louisiana! So gland work is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Is this the Rouses's in Mandy? I'm not sure if there are two, but the one in Mandy by my mom's is ridic. I went one time and they didn't have yellow onions. huh? Plus the store is just gross.

    2. When we moved back to Louisiana from Bakersfield I almost died at the slowness. I remember waiting at the airport to get our rental car and thinking at 15, there is something really weird about how long this is taking, and I soon discovered it.

    3. I'm so glad you have landed where you are meant to be at work, that is such a great great great thing to hear!

    4. I'll be in Mandeville this weekend Friday-Sunday...you???

    5. The 5:30am workouts, I am so proud of you!

    6. I rewound the part where we hugged his dad and made john watch it because I couldn't stop crying. (damn period)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are cracking me up. Where exactly are y'all living? We should meet up in Hammond for dinner one night.

    ReplyDelete