Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pros and Cons of Boston Trip (So Far)

Pros

Hair looks hardcore awesome b/c there is no humidity
Beantown is pretty and the weather is perfecto
Hotel bed is super comfortable
They have Fiji water at the meetings
Water pressure in the shower is better than at home
H&M is 1.3 miles from hotel
Lots of people on the streets (excellent for people watching)
Almost everyone here has an awesome accent
Just read an In Style mag my mom gave me and it has great winter outfit ideas
The Today Show and I are in the same time zone
I was able to bust out the pink Kate Spade messenger bag for the first time in years
There is a movie being filmed 2 blocks away from the hotel

Cons

Yankee girls are weird (We went to lunch at Legal Seafood and each girl proceeded to ask 1000 questions about where the restaurant's fish came from and then not one of them ordered it. Apparently it is not OK to eat fish from Puerto Rico. One chick went on and on about the importance of eating meat from grass-fed cows and eating only organic veggies b/c of her concerns about chemicals in processed food causing cancer....then she lit up a cig.)
Hotel elevators are scary
No one has said "wicked" yet
No room service at the hotel
My face wash leaked all over my bag of toiletries which contaminated my contact case which contaminated my contacts and now I have to wear my glasses
I paid $3 for a bottle of Aquafina at the hotel "market" before I knew about the free Fiji water
I am in class all day and don't have time to wander around the city.
I wish I had gotten the black Kate Spade messenger bag instead of the pink.
I have yet to see anyone famous and (thanks to Popsugar.com) I KNOW that Katie and Suri were here last week and that Ben Affleck and Don Draper are here NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Go find Don, that would be wiked! This made me want to take a trip to NYC or Boston- Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I thought you were there last week, so i've been waiting to call you. Have fun! Pink is your color, so don't fret. I'll make note of the Puerto Rican fish!! Funny! I need to see you soon. I miss you

    ReplyDelete