Our Thanksgiving was really good. We went to Houma for the day and visited with Mom's side of the family. My sisters informed me that I sound like the talking pothole on that Geico commercial, which is nice to hear. I was not aware that my accent had mutated that much, but according to those little beeeeaches, it has. Lovely. I blame it all on Neal.
My Mom's got some health stuff going on, we're just not sure what it is yet. From what I understand, she has something on one of her ovaries. I think a biopsi is scheduled in mid-December, so we should know a lot more after that.
Neal is still "rig watching" and is in the process of trying to get on with another company. They probably won't call until after the first of the year, but there are two job possibilities out there right now that both seem promising. They are both in the Shreveport area, so hopefully one of those will work out. *Fingers Crossed*
He had a lit Christmas tree set up when I got home last Wednesday and we decorated it that night. It's really cute and makes me happy. We are hosting Christmas for his parents, his sister and nephew the weekend of the 18th and I am nervous about it because I have to cook for everyone...yikes!
I keep looking at my calendar for next year and the months of Feb thru April are totally jam-packed. Weddings, bachelorette parties, Mardi Gras, 30th birthdays and on and on. I can't get over how quickly the past 6 months have flown by, so I'm guessing that the next 4 to 5 months will go by even quicker.
I'm also making a family cookbook for everyone on my Mom's side of the family for Christmas. My grandmother is the best cook on the face of the planet, so I'm going to get her recipes for all the big-ticket items (cornbread dressing, red velvet cake, shrimp jambalaya, etc etc) and put them into a book with recipes from everyone else in the fam. I'm also adding in pictures of everyone. I think this is going to be a little more time consuming than I had orgininally planned, but I'm still excited about putting it together.
So there's been a lot on my mind lately...Neal's job stuff, Christmas and the holidays, Mom's health, babies, houses, blah blah blah. I think everyone is sort of on edge around this time of year for one reason or another. I'm trying to quit worrying about things that I have no control over. It is very hard for me to do that because I am sort of a control freak, but worrying about everything all the time is not going to do me any good either. I'm just going to have to figure out a way to stop. I figured that since I've totally changed my lifestyle in terms of eating and working out, I can do this too. I'll be sure to let ya' know how that all turns out. ;)
If you figure out that worrying thing, do share. My husband thinks I have a gift for creating things to worry about that no one else has ever thought of. Which of course gives me a whole new topic to worry about. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete