I've been non-stop today! I actually slept until 815 this morning (which is late for me) because I stayed up until after midnight last night watching the Real Housewives OC reunion shows. Quality television. Then today I picked up my bridesmaids dress for Jeanne's wedding, bought some gold strappy shoes to go with the dress and some silver gladiator sandals (by one get one half off), went to Target, Old Navy, LSU store, and then to Roly Poly for lunch. I came home, cleaned the whole house and finally showered. I'm wiped. Now it's rainy and I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Not a super exciting day, but it was productive.
The inlaws are coming in Thursday for the night. They're buying me patio furniture for my birthday, which our house totally needs. Then mine and Cara's b-day crawfish boil is Sunday. Holla!
Work was insane this past week. I've been put in charge of all these Parish projects and it is terrifying. I've never been put in charge of this type of stuff before, so I'm learning as I go. I'm not used to having this much authority at work and it is really freaking me out. I do appreciate that my superiors seem to have confidence in me and my abilities...I just wish I had that much confidence in myself! Sometimes I miss the old days of micro-managing bosses. (Yeah, I said it.) It was annoying, but a lot less stressful. The grass is always greener....
Neal and I picked out some pearl earrings for my birthday. I love them. The ones I've been wearing the past few years were tiny and fake, so I love my new ones.
I guess the only sort-of big news that I have is that I've gotten off of birth control. We'll see what happens!
Our lease is up in May and our landlords want us to stay here as long as we want, so we are going month-to-month from now on with a 60-day move-out notice. I've started looking at houses online, but we haven't started seriously looking yet. I really like that we don't have to sign another year-long lease and that we can also take our time looking for a place to buy. I was worried that we would be rushed trying to buy a house; I didn't want to settle for a place just because we were time limited in our search. Hopefully we can find something in Covington or Abita Springs, within our price range, that we both like.
I think that's all I've got for now. 30 in T-3 days, ya'll.
No comments:
Post a Comment