Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Decisions Decisions

You know, I've been wanting to update this blog for a while now, but I write/type all day long at work, so when I get home I have a major aversion to writing. If da' Parish would make google blogger accessible at work again I would be updating all the time. (Which is probably why it's not accessible anymore. The nerds in the I.T. department at work watch all employees like hawks. Every now and then I'll go to WebMD to look up some completely obscure illness or symptom and will hope that I'm freaking them out.)

--Seattle was good. My boss was a bit clingy; I had to eat lunch and dinner with him everyday we were there. I finally got away the day before we left and was able to do a little shopping by myself. Our hotel (Red Lion) was in the middle of the prime shopping area of downtown Seattle so I highly recommend it if you plan on visiting there anytime soon. Our flight was super delayed coming back due to bad weather and I was soooo ready to get back home, so when I landed in NOLA I swear I could have easily laid on the floor of the airport and kissed it. But then again, I think I feel like that almost every time I land there.

--My sister is moving to Houston this weekend and I am so bummed that I can't even acknowledge that it's about to happen. And then my brother and his family will be moving to San Antonio next spring. (Yes - City of Austin,Texas - I know that you are centrally located between the two cities. You're still in the back of my mind. Especially after I've been drinking.)

--But not really because we have agreed on a neighborhood in Abita Springs where we want to buy. Baby steps, people. Due to Neal's work schedule, we only have two weeks every month when we can do important married people things (like meet with mortgage bankers and Realtors) so we move slower than most. But the thing is, we make big decisions relatively quickly and easily. We found a subdivision we like, and that will be the one that we move into. It's the only one we looked at, but we know what we like when we see it. Now ask us what we want to order off of a menu at a restaurant and we will both go back and forth and change our minds, question our decision, etc.

--We had a good July 4th weekend. Hit up a few local bars, watched fireworks on the lake, bbq'd, went to Tartine's Grand Opening...good stuff. We also made it to Thibodaux to meet with his adviser. He is registered for 9 hours in the fall and I couldn't be prouder. We are going to Biloxi next weekend with his parents and I am so looking forward to getting some SUN. It will be 'safe' sun with SPF 45, but it will still be sun.

--Bethenny Frankel's show. I love it and her. Maybe a little too much.

Lastly (and please excuse the snarkiness),

--So I have a friend who got married to a very sweet, cute girl a few weeks ago. I really like her a lot and he seems soooo happy, so I am so happy for them. She is pregnant and is probably about 5 or so months along. They were keeping it under wraps for a while, but I think that a lot of people probably know and did know at the wedding. As far as I know, they have not made a formal announcement about the baby. Recently, she has started posting little comments on his facebook page that are, I'm sure, in reference to the baby. This drives me insane. Please do not drop little hints on facebook and wait for someone to ask you about it. If you want people to know that you are pregnant, just freaking say so!

No comments:

Post a Comment