Thursday, September 30, 2010

Updates on Life

-We closed on the house last Thursday and we move in next Thursday! I went to Abita during lunch yesterday to set up the water/gas/garbage collection for the house. Get this - all of those services are run through the Town of Abita. So I had to go to Town Hall to pay the deposit (checks only, no credit cards) and fill out the forms, etc. There's this tiny little office with a slot in a door where you drop off your utility payments every month. The lady in the office informed me that they just became able to set up automatic debits for your monthly bill, but there is no website. Small town living - here we come. I dig it.

-I got a raise and promotion at work! It's so nice to know that all of my hard work has paid off. And tomorrow is "jean day" at work. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love jean days at work. It makes the week so much better. Tomorrow is also "Fair Day" in St Tammany because there is a fair (the kind with livestock shows) that takes place in Covington this weekend. The parade for fair day runs right in front of my office tomorrow and it is a treat for the eyes and ears. It consists of dancing crews and pageant girls and people throwing beads out of the back of pick-up trucks. It puts Mardi Gras parades to shame. Who needs Bacchus when you've got Destiny, Chastity and their stage moms waving at you from a Mustang convertible?

-My mom got married again two weeks ago (this is #4). She called me Friday and said, "Can you be at the Columns at 1130 tomorrow morning for my wedding?" She wore a black dress and asked my brother if he thought that would be okay. He goes, "Well, Mom, I think the cat's about outta' the bag, so there's no need to wear white." Her new hubbs is a history professor at SLU. He's a SUPER nice guy, no kids, been married once. I am VERY happy about this one, I think it's a good deal.

-I want to paint our dining room table. Not sure what color yet, but this caught my eye.



I don't know if I'm brave enough to paint it black, but I like this look. All of my NOLA food-themed kitchen art has red and black in it, so this may work.

The in-laws were kind enough to by us blinds for the house, so I can wait on curtains and stuff for a little bit. But I do have a feeling that I will be putting Sarah's genius drop-cloth idea to use.

So this weekend will consist of me, boxes, and numerous trips to Abita to bring my shoes and clothes to the new house.

3 comments:

  1. PAINT IT PAINT IT PAINT IT!

    Congrats on the promo candice! YAY YAY YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excite for you! Awesome news all around. Wave to Destiny for me!

    ReplyDelete