It feels like Christmas now because we've put up the tree and have watched Love Actually. And it's cold as balls outside, so there's that too. There has been ice on my windshield in the AM for 4 out of the last 5 days. I really need one of those remote-start vehicles that I can turn on from inside the house and let warm up before I get in it. The little Jeep Jeep just is not that technologically advanced.
I've done half of my Christmas shopping online already and will do the next half the old fashioned way this weekend. Hopefully I get up early enough Saturday morning so I can go to Target, etc at the crack o' dawn and get everything I need. I'm thinking that if I get there early enough I won't have to deal with all the Northshore yats, their over-sized SUV's that they can't drive, and their inability to acknowledge anyone else's personal space.
We have to go to Baskin next Friday for Christmas with Neal's family. It will be a quick trip; I'm going to leave work early Friday so we can be there by 5 Friday night and then we'll come back home Saturday morning. But since I'm leaving work early Friday, I have to miss the official work Christmas party Friday afternoon. I'm not too broken up about it though; they've got booze and all, but the food sucks and a big group of the public works guys lurk in a corner by the bar and blatantly stare at every female in the room. So if you want a beer, be prepared to be visually assaulted by a bunch of greasy guys in wrangler jeans and work boots on your way to and from the bar.
Neal will be at work for Christmas, but he's off for New Year's. I am taking off the Wednesday before NYE, and my office is closed Thursday and Friday that week. This means that we will have 5 whole days off together without work or anything. I honestly can't remember the last time that happened. Last January, maybe? I mean, 5 whole days? I don't care if we just sit at home and stare at each other....so excited!
I haven't talked to u in forever! Need to catch up soon. I have tried to watch love actually 3 times and I never make it through. I may try again this weekend. Call me when Neal's at work and u are bored!
ReplyDelete