Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So Where Were We?

Oh yeah, I was probably getting drunk somewhere fun, during the daytime, with my husband. And now I'm seven months pregnant and spend the majority of my time, when I'm not at work, laying on the couch either talking to the baby, complaining, or snoring and drooling all over my excess 20 pounds. The times, they are a changin', no?

I know what you're thinking....your baby boy already weighs 20 pounds???? Well, not exactly. I was doing really great at first. I gained around 5 pounds during my first trimester and then, sometime after that, it got out of hand. I was telling Cara that I was all "how did this happen?" and then I remembered the cookie cake I bought from Winn Dixie for me, myself, and I. And then it was like hmmmmm, maybe I should stop doing things like that. So I have started watching it the past two weeks. I'm still eating plenty, don't worry. I just make better choices about what I shove into my mouth, that's all. I went back to the doc yesterday and had only gained 7 ounces in two weeks, so I'm good with that.

Work has been an absolute mother fucking beast. Before I was all "yeah, I'm not going to take off the full 12 weeks. I'll probably get bored and blah blah blah." But now? Those assholes can suck it for the full 12 because that's how long I'm going to be gone. And besides, the daycare that we are sending Hayes to doesn't take the wee be-be's until they're 12 weeks, so I have to stay home the full 12 anyway. This means that I will have to work until he's crowning, but that's okay. I sit at a desk all day, so it should be cool.

I guess this is the part where I brag about my A-MAH-ZING husband (and I'm being sarcastic here b/c I hate it when girls describe their {insert object here} as AMAZING.) But really, he has been great. Cooking and cleaning the house and painting the nursery and siding with me over his mother and just really, really great. He's going to be the cutest dad eva'.

I do miss running, I miss drinking, I miss my Starbucks habit, and all that stuff. But don't for a minute think that I am not 100% thrilled about bringing Stephen Hayes Mahoney into our lives. I am so ready for him to be here and I can't wait to meet him. I mean, at least once a day I think back to the morning when I got the positive pregnancy test and I woke Neal up crying and holding this stick with two lines on it covered in my urine. Like, I never thought it would happen. It was so surreal and now I just can't wait to meet Sweet Baby Hayes and I'm sort of worried that I'm never going to let anyone else hold him.

And yes, Pero has given me her copy of Babywise and I am jumping on that bandwagon STAT. But I feel like I should be taking notes while I read it b/c I'm pretty sure I'm going to forget it all by the time the baby arrives.

So that's where we are now! Later y'all!

2 comments:

  1. The pee covered preg test visual was AMAZING.

    You will forget every bit of it because that book is AMAZING but so not organized. You'll just re-read as you go and/or call and email ppl that followed it and they'll tell you what to do next!

    So AMAZING to hear from you :) Can't wait for sMh to get here!

    ReplyDelete