I woke up super early last Tuesday morning because I was supposed to go staff the Parish's special needs shelter for the storm (it's part of my job). But instead of going to the shelter, I had Neal take me to the ER because I was having some problems. Turns out that I was having contractions at 29 weeks. I wasn't dilated at all, but they were still real contractions. They gave me some Procardia to take "as needed" to stop them, told me to stay off my feet for one week, and drink lots and lots of water. I started to feel better a few days later until our power went out at the house. The power stayed off for 3 days, so we went to my Dad's for a bit. I ended up in the hospital again Sunday because I was having more contractions. This time they were 2 minutes apart, but I still wasn't dilated. So they told me to take the Procardia every 6 hours, no matter what, and drink 8 - 10 bottles of water a day. I went back to work Tuesday and, so far, I've been okay. Thank God all of this happened while Neal was home.
I saw a specialist Tuesday morning to have an ultrasound (I have a two-vessel umbilical cord that can sometimes be a sign of problems) but Hayes is perfectly fine. He's already measuring 3.4lbs and is still baking. I'm 30 weeks, and hopefully I can make it a few more.
We were supposed to have our Baskin baby shower last weekend but we cancelled it because of the storm. I-55 was shut down for a while and so was I-10 around LaPlace, and I-12 was a mess. Traffic was ridiculous so we decided not to go up there for the weekend.
Last week was just a mess all around. I forgot how sucky it is to have to deal with hurricanes and all the aftermath, even for just a category one. It takes forever for everything to feel normal again, especially when you're 7.5 months pregnant.
But anyway....a girl at work has been on the lookout for some brown riding boots for me and she found a cute, cheap selection on Charlotte Rousse's website. I got a pair on sale for $28.00. I'm sure they're not super high quality, but they should get me through the season. I'm ready for some cooler weather so that I can live in leggings, boots, and tunics until I give birth. I am soooo over pants right now.
Same girl at work asked me if I watched the DNC last night and I said, "well, no, I was sort of watching the MTV VMA's." I know, I should be embarrassed. I didn't watch the RNC either. I think I'm disenfranchised.
You see, I don't think I identify with the Republican party anymore. I just find them so hypocritical. They use Christianity and Jesus as a platform and then hate others so vehemently when...didn't Jesus teach people to love one another, not judge anyone else, and care more about others than yourself? And while I am Catholic, I strongly believe in the separation of church and state. I think each individual should use their religious beliefs as a guide as to how they should behave in their own lives and toward others....they shouldn't force their beliefs on other people. Listening to a bunch a tea partiers talk about how Obama is a Muslim and wasn't really born in the U.S. does nothing for me. All they want to do is scare people and it just pisses me off.
But I'm not quite a Democrat either. I believe in smaller government, but I do realize that not everyone can be rich. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Some people can work full-time, have 1 or 2 kids, and still not be able to make ends me without assistance from the government. And I'm okay with that. I help poor people for a living. You can't have safety-net programs without having to help people that manipulate the system along with people who are in genuine need of the assistance.
So I'm thinking about becoming an independent. For now, I think that's how I would identify myself. Until the R-pubs stop giving a shit about gay marriage and Planned Parenthood and focus more on the economy I just don't think I can blindly vote for them anymore.
Ummm OMG, you need to at least text me when these things are happening so I can worry about you! Hope you are feeling calm. Rest and we will see you in a week!
ReplyDeleteHellloooooooo!! I have a friend who took that medicine for weeks and had a full term baby! Just saying! Come onnnnnnnnnn 10 more weeks!
ReplyDelete