Today. I am 36 weeks today. Finally. I'm scheduled to be induced on my due date, which is November 13th. We planned it that way so that Neal can come home from work a few days early and then I don't have to worry about calling my Dad in the middle of the night to take me to the hospital because my water broke. Hopefully, anyway. Because things always work out the way you plan them to...am I right??? And if the Tigers keep playing these close games like they have been, I may not make it to Nov 13th. Can stress from SEC football games cause labor? I bet it can.
I start getting "checked" on Monday. I won't be surprised if she wants to take him early though, because she kept telling me that I was running out of room for him to grow. Well NO SHIT, doc. I keep thinking about that scene in Austin Powers where he's all "I'm in a nutshell" and he starts acting like he's literally curled up in a nutshell and this is what I imagine Hayes looks like. I can feel him in every edge of my stomach.
Everything's ready. The nursery is ready, all of his clothes and sheets and towels etc have been washed in baby-friendly detergent. I finally sent all my thank you notes out last weekend. And I'm doing my best to wrap up all my shit at work so that my co-workers don't go insane while I'm out.
So other than that, I've been busy:
1. Watching and obsessing over Homeland.
2. Drinking apple juice like a 5 year old.
3. Taking Zantac.
4. Stretching out the stomach in all of Neal's t-shirts.
5. Buying grandma underwear that are 3 sizes bigger than what I actually wear.(Only way they're comfortable.)
6. Not sleeping at night.
7. Wondering if I'm bi-polar or if it really is just 3rd trimester hormones.
8. Being more worried about work than the baby. Then being more worried about the baby than work. It goes back and forth.
9. Hating my ugly flats from Target but wearing them every day anyway because fuck it, I need to be comfortable.
10. Wondering how long I'm actually going to breastfeed.
11. Praying that Hayes is a sleeper like his Dad.
12. Preparing for the grandparents to completely ignore our babywise schedule.
13. Peeing. All the time. Like, I should work and sleep in the bathroom.
fully satisfied.
ReplyDeleteCANDACE. Your list is perfection!
ReplyDelete1. Homeland YES YES YESSSSSSSS
8. Did the same thing and you know what- when you get back- no one listened to your directions...they just didn't do anything- don't worry about it now- they'll call you if need be- PROMISE
9. DITTO mine were ugly nine west gold boats that I want to throw up on when I see them now
10. I made a mistake with this one and put ridiculous expectations on myself and then had a really hard time letting them go- make small goals!!!!!!
11. YOU MAKE THEM FOLLOW YOUR RULES using your sweet southern darling voice. And then just get Neal to blame it on the hormones.
And if someone hasn't told you about stripping membranes yet...email me... because none of these 99 bitches told me and I really wish I would have been a teeny bit prepared!!!!
It's all really really really about to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry for the comment novel)