WOW, you guys. These past 3 weeks have been the craziest ever. I am in Pero's guest room right now and am about to crash. I had my statistics final tonight and it wasn't pretty. EVERYONE in the class took the whole 3 hours to take the test, he practically had to kick us out of the classroom. The whole test was out of 120 points and he grades on a curve, so I might be okay.
I'm finally winding down with the school work....I have to finish a powerpoint tomorrow which I present Thursday night. I have 2 group projects due Sunday (both of which I finished my part of over a week ago) and I am just waiting on my group to finish their parts so we can turn them in. I spent some time over the weekend researching stuff for my oral final that was last night and it was unbelievably nerve wracking. I got up at 630 this morning to study for statistics and was so tired that I had to make 2 separate trips to Starbucks for 2 venti iced coffees because 1 just wasn't enough (PS- if you get an iced coffee from Starbucks, get the "sweetened" coffee with skim..it rocks). I am DONE with all this bullshit. School is for suckers.
I had my interview Friday. I think it went well...I felt like I impressed them, but I also feel that they're looking for someone with a hardcore marketing background, which I don't have. It could go either way. But I guess whatever is supposed to happen will happen, so I'm not going to freak out about it.
We are all moved in the house and I LOVE it. Like, it's so cute I can't even tell you. We got our new sofa and bed in and they're both great (props to Neal for picking them out! I was way impressed.). The house is soooooo us. There are even blue hydrangeas that are blooming right outside of our dining room windows...they're my favorite. AND, I totally saw a turtle scooting around our yard (he was moving kind of fast...who knew). Since we can't get a dog I thought about keeping him as a pet, but as we learned growing up, turtles don't really make good pets.
We finally got to unpack our wedding presents too....I am now equipped to season food (spice rack), serve hors d'oeuvres, and offer wine to the first 16 guests in the house. His mom came in town Friday and helped set it up so we had everything unpacked and decorated by Saturday afternoon. I will take pics and post sometime next week after I get back.
We had some movers load up the UHaul Wednesday and we got up at 430 Thursday morning and got on the road. Neal drove the UHaul and towed my car and I followed him in his massive truck. And I did just fine with it, thank you very much. I did sit on a pillow though when I drove it (seeing over the steering wheel was a tad difficult without a boost). We stopped at a gas station around Lafayette to fill up and I hopped out of the mama jama and got some looks from some work men who were at the pump next to me. I was all like, "YEAH, that's my truck. And my pillow. So suck it."
Dad, Katie and the girls came by Saturday and dropped off Andygator for Neal and some flowers for me. His sister and her new BF came by Saturday night and we had dinner at the Brew Pub. B came by Sunday and stayed for dinner (I made the chicken spaghetti stuff...thank you for the recipe Jill! It is definitely a winner). I left Monday morning to head back to H and Neal has been hanging out with Pruitt and Zells since I left. He is in his happy place. Like Neal said, we've had more visitors in 2 days in Covington than we had in 2 years in the K-Wood.
I'll be here at the Pero's until Friday, then I'm going to visit Neal in S-port Friday night, and will pick my sister up in BR on the way back to Covington Saturday. Will probably be in NO for Mother's Day. Speaking of the Pero's, they are feeding me well. We had white beans, sausage and rice last night for dinner and then shrimp etouffee tonight. I've barely gotten to see Chloe since I got here, but since I'm off tomorrow I plan on playing with her all tomorrow night. She's the cutest! Aaaaaaand now I want a baby. (But that isn't happening until next year, at the earliest.)
No comments:
Post a Comment