At this time of year not too many years ago, I was waking up to the fight song being blared in my living room and one roommate running around the house with an LSU flag. Gameday mornings are now a little quieter than they used to be, but one thing has not changed....there is still a 50/50 chance that Neal shacked the night before.
So things at work are FREAKING GREAT! I get called into a meeting with my bosses the other day and here is what the big boss says, "Well, you're doing great. You know it, we know it. So this is what is going to happen..." Basically, our department will be expanding and I am on my way to a supervisory healthcare position. This is not happening right away as we need to find some grant money to fund the position and then figure out the exact structure of everything, but I will more or less become a sort of community health administrator. I had a brief review yesterday and they are just so pleased with everything I've been doing. They said that they want to hire more people to take over the less important tasks so that I can be involved in the more "higher up" stuff.
I cannot even tell ya'll how excited I am. I have never worked for people who just let me work on my own and do my own thing without feeling the need to check up on me every 5 minutes or get cc'd on everything. They understand that I am capable of a lot and have no problem letting me run with whatever assignments they give me. My entire job involves a lot of research, policy analysis, planning, and writing. I just love it. LOVE IT. I am actually going to get to do what it is I went to grad school for. I can't believe it.
I had to go to this networking lunch thing yesterday. There was a presentation about personality types and it was very entertaining and interesting. The types are identified by colors...I'm a green/gold. So all yesterday afternoon I was identifying people by color. FYI - Neal's an orange. I am going to be a big nerd and post the descriptions of each color for ya'll b/c I think it's interesting.
Orange = I am impulsive and spontaneous, a risk taker who craves fun and excitement. I value skills and courage. Bored by jobs that are routine and structured, I'm impatient with ideas and theories. I want immediate action. I'm very competitive, a natural trouble-shooter and leader.
Gold = I am responsible and practical. I have a strong sense of right and wrong. I value home, family, and tradition. I believe work comes before play. I need to be useful, to be part of an organization. I'm detail oriented and neat. I am the sensible, stable backbone of any group.
Blue = I am a people person, idealistic, caring. A romantic, who follows my heart, I believe in human potential and value personal relationships. I like jobs where I can help and nurture people. I'm warm and friendly, and a good communicator. I'm the peacemaker of the group.
Green = I am an idea person. I value intelligence. I look for explanations and answers. I like to do things that require vision, problem solving, strategy, and ingenuity. I constantly strive for perfection. I'm a competent self-starter who works best on my own without interference.
I think most people are a combination of colors, but you probably lean toward one more than the others.
Anyway, I am so stoked about this 3 day weekend. I am never able to sleep in on Saturdays. By Saturday, my internal clock is so used to 530 get-ups that I can't sleep in. I can usually sleep in until about 8 on Sundays. I'm hoping to make it until 9 Monday morning.
Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend. Geaux Tigers!
LOL! I woke up at about 6 this morning half expecting to hear the fight song blaring! I swear it feels like yesterday. Congrats on work! That is fantastic and you absolutely deserve it!
ReplyDelete