Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not Much at All

*My brother and his fiancee eloped last weekend. Some friends of theirs are throwing them a party this Saturday afternoon in Denham Spraaaaaangs, so I will be making an appearance there this weekend. Here is a recent picture of their little boy/my nephew, TJ. He is a cutie. And yes, many members of my family prefer to go the "Hollywood Route" and have the kids and then get married. It's the thing to do, you know.



*My pops is going out of town the weekend of the Vandy game, so Neal and I got his tickets! Yay! I. Cannot. Wait.

*We helped my Mom move this past Sunday. She actually moved out of uptown (gasp!) and rented a cute little house off of River Road (near Ochsner) for her and Olivia. It is sooooo cute. It was a smart move, everything is so much cheaper in Jefferson Parish.

*I have begun "unfriending" people on facebook. There were a few people on my friends list who I didn't really know very well who were constantly on my homepage because they updated their status all the time. Since the unfriendings, logging on to FB is much more pleasant. I no longer have to read about their self-proclaimed total awesomeness all the time.

*Neal and I went to a local bar/grill this past Friday for drinks. This place is known for their martini's, so I had 3. The first one was pretty good, but then I ordered their lemon drop martini. Holy schnikes, it was fan-freaking-tastic. I think it was just absolut citron and fresh lemon juice (Sarah - this is where the fancy schmancy juicer comes in handy) in a sugar-rimmed martini glass. So good. I'm going to try to make one at home even though I'm pretty sure it will taste like shit when I make it.

*If you don't watch the show "How I Met Your Mother," you should. The peeps on the show are about our age, so everything that happens is pretty relate-able. And it's absolutely hilarious. It's one of the few shows that Neal and I both love.

And that's all I've got for now. I could have sworn that I had more exciting stuff to write about....oh well. Sorry for the boring post!

1 comment:

  1. Did you buy the juicer? You definetly need it now!

    I have hidden at least 5 people from my home status feed thing on facebook. Some because I can't stand the ignorant political statments and others because of annoying over-posting/quizzes/games/etc. It is a breath of fresh air, I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete