Sunday, August 2, 2009

Down By The Ba-You

I went to Houma after work Friday to visit my grandparents. I hadn't seen them in a long time, so I thought I should go for a visit. I really enjoyed spending some time with them, they are so wonderfully sweet.

While I was there I also got to visit two sets of aunts and uncles and my cousin, Ashley. Ashley and her husband live in Thibodaux in a house that they - get this - bought for $25,000 and then had physically moved to a piece of property on the bayou. They gutted the whole thing and completely re-modeled it and it is awesome. They also have a screened-in porch where there is a giant metal crab hanging on the wall. And now I must...have...giant.....metal...crab. Seriously, I need one. Even a giant metal crawfish or something would do.

Oh, and you know you're "down the bayou" when there is a sign on the side of the road that says "FRIED PIG SKIN - WATERMELON - FAT CRABS."

I saw one of the cutest baby girls I have ever seen in church this morning. She had chubby cheeks and was laughing and wearing a gingham onesie with a smocked collar....seriously, she almost brought me to tears. If one of her shoes fell of I probably would have pulled a Liz Lemon (from 30 Rock) and picked it up and put it in my purse. I mean really, my biological clock is ticking loud as mamma jamma. But we have discussed this, and in order to be responsible adults, we are waiting until next summer when we are stable work-wise and financially. Sigh. In the mean time I guess I'll get drunk and collect random baby shoes. Kidding. (About the baby shoes part, not the drunk part.)

I need to clean and do laundry today, but it's all rainy outside and I can't seem to get motivated. The weekends go by way too fast!

2 comments:

  1. Gingham onesie with a smocked collar! I can't wait for your child, the monograming.... I mean I can wait a year, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the monogramming is going to be out of control. I will have to restrain myself.

    ReplyDelete