Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Some Stuff

So Neal started with the new company yesterday and he will be working 7 and 7. I think this is better than 14 and 14, so I'm totally on board. The bummer of this whole situation is that he will be at work for the Saints game Sunday and for the Superbowl. Not that the Saints are definiely going to the Superbowl, but let's face it - they are. I am having sort of a hard time adjusting to this new schedule b/c he's been home for so long. I miss him tons and tons. I need to remember how to make weekend plans with other people again.

My brother's house got broken into last week. It happened during the day when no one was home. They took the Wii, Playstation, TVs, computers, his firearm, jewelry, etc. He's been really freaked out since then, but he's starting to get over it a little. He and Diwina are planning on moving away within 1-2 years I think (she is being re-located by the Air Force) so they are going to put their house on the market sooner than they thought. He is also talking about going active duty, which means he will probably be deployed at some point. I don't like that, but he's a big boy so it's his decision. Anyway, they were at a daquiri shop near their house last weekend and were talking to another couple and the bartender about the robbery, etc. The bartender got in touch with him a day or so later and told him that she couldn't stop thinking about their situation, so she said "I hope you don't mind, but I started a collection for ya'll at the bar. I'll call you next weekend to come pick it up." He was really touched; what a nice thing for her to do.

I had lunch with a friend from junior high today, it was nice to catch up. She lives over here with her husband and 2 kids. They actually live about 5 minutes away from us. In junior high, she lived just a few blocks away from me on the opposite side of Carrollton. We were talking about how we used to take the streetcar places and roam around uptown all the time by ourselves. She was like, "I would never let my daughters do that now!"

Both bosses are out of town this week in DC, hence the work-blogging. It has been soooo quiet around here...I'm almost ready for them to come back so that there's some action up in this joint.

Jeanne's wedding festivites are about to begin, yay! I am really looking forward to all the girly fun. I also have a killer idea for her french quarter bachelorette attire....and it is GOOD.

I have recently started watching the show Parks and Recreation on On Demand and it is really funny. (It may be especially funny to me b/c of the fact that it's about local government.) 'Cause you know, I really needed to pick up another tv show. While I'm on the topic of tv, I need to say that I don't really like Grey's Anatomy anymore. I don't enjoy it like I used to. I think I only watch it because I'm supposed to....does that make sense?

I'm done blabbering. Later gators.

1 comment:

  1. I think I quit Grey's Candice...I don't want to say it outloud, but its true. Thanks for the opening there.

    Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete