Monday, January 25, 2010

Who Dat

I was never nervous about the game Sunday because I knew that we were going to win. I never doubted it; even with 7 seconds left on the clock and the Vikes had the ball, I still knew it. Even though I knew we were going to win, I was still speechless when it was over. Black and Gold Superbowl, baby! Yaaaaahooooooo!

Work is really good. I was given a lot more responsibility today, which is good and bad, I think. In this job, my anal-retentiveness totally pays off. I think I've found my calling. I've also got some good work trips planned out this year. Houston in March (10th - 13th), Seattle in June, and Austin (yay!) at some point this summer.

I've had some taco soup that my step-mom made in the freezer for a few weeks and decided I wanted to eat it the other night. I did not give it time to thaw out and it was in sort of a large rectangular-shaped container, so it would not fit in any of my pots. I thawed it out a little in a pot and then decided it would be a good idea to stab the frozen soup repeatedly with a kitchen knife to try and break it apart. And now the knife is totally jacked; the tip of it is bent backwards. It's incidents like this that explain why Neal always gets a frightened look on his face and says "please don't hurt yourself" every time he sees me pick up a sharp knife. But once it finally thawed out, the soup was pretty good.

My brother gave us an Applebee's gift card for Christmas so we decided to go there a few weeks ago and use the card. A free meal is a free meal. Neal, however, thought it was a great opportunity to act like we were there to celebrate a special occasion. Every time someone would walk by, he would try to act out a different scenario. The first time he asks, "So, where you from?" The second time, "Happy 30th birthday!" The third time, he tells me to take my rings off so that we can get engaged in the Applebee's. I just couldn't do it. It reminded me too much of that time I waited tables for a wedding reception at Bennigans in Baton Rouge. Not kidding.

Neal comes home tomorrow, yay! He's been gone 8 days and it feels like FOR-EV-ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment