So Mom had her hysterectomy Wednesday and I was in the hospital with her from Wednesday morning until Thursday afternoon when they released her. The doctor said it went really well and her recovery seems to be going pretty good. My grandparents came in town from Houma and sat with me for most of the day Wednesday. There was a Saints party going down in the cafeteria at the hospital both days I was there. They were raffling off Saints stuff, giving away king cake and were playing the Saints CD (Stand up and get crunk, the Who Dat song, Do Watcha' Wanna', Ain't Nothin' But a Party, etc) in the cafeteria so loud it was unbelievable (in a hospital!). Every nurse that came in the room to check on my Mom threw out a "Who Dat" or "Geaux Saints" or something and they all had on Saints t-shirts with their scrubs. This city has lost its mind. I did get another Saints t-shirt yesterday at PJ's (yeah, even PJ's Coffee is selling t-shirts)..it's black with a gold fleur de lis and says "Superbeauxl" and I couldn't pass it up.
Last night after work I went to David's Bridal in Slidell and ordered my dress for Jeanne's wedding. After that I wanted to go to the Gap and Banana because I needed to get some more khaki pants for work, so I drove from Slidell to Mandeville where the stores are. I walk up to the Gap and the doors are locked and Banana was closed as well. I was sort of confused until I turned around and saw floats and high school marching bands in the parking lot across the street. Whoops. I have never been to a Northshore parade so I'm not familiar with when they are or what route they take. Well I know now where they ride. I really need to check out the parade schedule before I leave the house today.
Neal's out of town until Wednesday, so I think I'm going to BR tomorrow to watch the game with my sister at Walk On's or something. I wish Neal were here, because we would totally go to the Quarter. Ah well. It is awesome, however, that Neal will be in town this upcoming weekend. He hasn't been to NO for Mardi Gras weekend with me in like 3 years. I know that we will definitely be down there Sunday morning for Thoth b/c Zellers is riding in it, but other than that we don't have plans. I'm off Monday and Tuesday (wahoooooo!) but he has to leave Wednesday morning to go back to work, so I doubt will do the Mardi Gras Day thing.
I watched Whip It last night and now I want to be a roller derby girl. Really badly. I want to have different colored stripes in my hair and wear fishnets with shorts and skate and be awesome. I'm just looking for an excuse to do this. 30th birthday party at the skating rink maybe??? Now I just need a roller derby name. Hmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment