I went to a meeting this afternoon that was supposed to be some sort of 8-person forum where everyone in the group brainstorms and discusses issues. Roughly 55 minutes of the 60 minute meeting were hijacked by two local politicians who talked endlessly about their personal experiences and views. Within the last 5 minutes, I was asked a question about something and I began to answer it. About 25 seconds into my answer, I look over at one of the politicians who is looking at his watch and looking around the room. I SO VERY BADLY wanted to say something along the lines of "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take the spotlight off of your fat-yat fucking face. I apologize for occupying 25 seconds of your time after I have spent the last hour listening to you ramble on endlessly while you name drop and talk about how wonderfully awesome and connected you are. Please, look away and be rude. Since I'm a young female, I probably have nothing of importance to say anyway."
But I would like to keep my job so I didn't say anything. And sweet Lord I would not have a headache right now had I been able to let that out. Time for a cocktail.
I'm with you!!!! I don't want to be 30, but I keep metioning it at work...maybe once I'm married and 30 someone will take me seriously outside of my bosses.
ReplyDelete