Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

Neal got home last Wednesday and came down with a horrible cold Thursday. He was sick the whole week he was home. He finally went to the doctor a few days ago and was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection, bronchitis, sinusitis and an eye infection. For reals. So then I started feeling bad Tuesday afternoon. I went to the doc yesterday and was told that, so far, it's just allergies. I got a steroid shot, Allegra, and antibiotics to take in case it didn't get any better. I still don't feel great, but it's not bad enough for me to miss work. Can we just be over this, please?! I hate not feeling well. It's messing with my work-outs.

Being the great and caring wife that I am, I left Neal home by himself Sunday and went to Jazz Fest with my mom. We had free tickets and VIP passes to the Acura Tent (compliments of one of her "friends"), so I got to watch the Allman Brothers from the stage. It was freakin' awesome. Did you know that JF tickets are $60 a pop now? Because I didn't! I thought they were still $32, and I thought THAT was high.







Besides my Jazz Fest trip Sunday, I really was a good wife and took care of Neal the rest of his week off. I made homemade chicken pot pie for him, went to Walgreens 40 different times to pick up every over-the-counter cold and sinus medicine in existence, kept the frig stocked with gatorade and frequently tried to de-germ the house. He's back at work now and is hopefully feeling much better.

FYI - I decided against the vegetable garden. The area where the box is located does not get enough sun during the day...and it's waaaay too much work. I'm going to stick with pre-potted plants that I can just transfer to another, larger pot with some soil. I'm not into doing things that I have to "till."

No comments:

Post a Comment