I turn 31 Thursday. It sounds weired to me, for some reason. It sounds older than what I feel, does that make sense? I did find my first grey hairs a few weeks ago. Neal says they're just really blonde, but I'm pretty sure they're grey. Does this mean I need to start dying my hair again? I am perfectly content with it being all naural. It's so much easier than having to keep up with highlights. I guess I'll just see what happens. If it gets to be too much, I'll have to go back to the highlights. But honestly, I don't think that it's that big of a deal right now because yesterday I got asked to carry the "gifts" up to the alter during the 9am mass....which is the children's mass. Yeah, they thought I was a teenager. I was sitting next to my aunt and uncle who were about to pee on themselves they were laughing so hard. There were two other girls who carried the gifts up as well and I guess that one was around 10 and the other around 13 years old. And I was shorter than both of them.
Neal's company is moving his rig to south Texas. It will be in a small town between Houston and San Antonio. This probably means that he is going to start working 14 and 14. It will be an adjustment, but hopefully we will get used to it fairly quickly. They are not sure exactly when they are switching to 14 and 14 or when they are moving the rig, but it will be within the next few weeks. He called me last week saying that he wouldn't be home this week for my birthday so of course I took the news like an adult and cried hysterically and stopped talking to him. Really grown up, I know. Then he calls me the next morning and says that he will be home for my birthday because they're not switching to 14 and 14 yet. So I threw the fit for no reason at all.
But now I'm worried that he won't be home for the April 9th party we're throwing at our house for my brother and his family. I hate this about his line of work....they can just up and tell you to be somewhere 9 hours away at any time they want to. And there's nothing you can do about it. So hopefully this will all work out so that he's home for April 9th. I really, really, really hope so.
He got me a Kindle for my birthday and holy schnikes, I love it. So very much. Yesterday afternoon after I ran a bunch of errands and rode my bike on the trace I sat outside on the porch swing and read for like 2 hours while drinking some Abita Strawberry's. It was soooooooooo relaxing. And then I watched the series finale of Big Love. I liked it and got a little teary-eyed at the end, but I didn't find any of it shocking. I kinda' figured that was going to happen. As soon as I saw that they played the "what happened last time" clip of Margene and Pam talking about Pam separating from her husband, I just knew it. Those clips from past shows always foreshadow what it going to happen in the upcoming episode. And I'm not super satisfied with the way the Albie storyline ended, I thought it was a little weak.
So anyway......that's all I got. Later gators.
I feel like Big Love needed like 3 more episodes to get it done, but HBO was like nope-we're wrapping up. I cried at the end like a baby- the blessing and then the old theme song-DUNZO.
ReplyDeleteHapppppppppppppy soon-to-be Birthday!!!