I'm going to have roughly 30 people in my house in about a week. This is like my first big 'hosting' event...ever. (Unless you count Jeanne's 21st birthday party on Ira Street. But this shouldn't be anything like that because I don't expect beer fights to take place in the front yard.)Anyway, we're going to boil crawfish and everyone is bringing snack food and I can't wait to see TJ and all my siblings and I think it'll be super fun. And check this out - my sister got TJ an LSU training potty for his birthday that plays the Fight Song everytime you flush it. So for the rest of his life, whenever he hears the LSU fight song he's going to have to pee.
I have been looking and looking for an off-white armoir/china hutch/buffet to put against the back wall in the dining room and I was not able to find anything I liked that was not ridiculously expensive. I was walking through my bedroom one day and looked at the off-white dresser and a light bulb went off....that dresser would totally mesh in the dining room. I googled stuff about turning dressers into buffets and then Neal and I moved it into the dining room last weekend. We bought some shelves with brackets at Lowe's, painted them light green, and then hung them up over the dresser. We put all of our china and stuff on it, got some light blue curtains and BAM we're done. I'll post pics soon. Aaaaaaaaaand now we need a new chest for the bedroom.
We went to Nuvolari's in Mandeville for my birthday dinner and it was pretty good. I gorged myself and was serioulsy full for about 24 hours. We've been hanging out in Mandeville a lot lately; they have this bar that sits on Lakeshore Drive and they have a balcony and the view of the Lake is soooooo pretty so we hit it up a lot on weekend afternoons. We also went to the Abita Town Garage Sale last weekend and it was no joke. Traffic was a beast...this little town was packed. We didn't buy anything, but we did see some interesting characters. Garage sales always bring out the weirdos.
We've had two couples move into our subdivision in the past two weeks. I think they're both pretty young, but we haven't met them yet. I'm socially awkward and really bad at small talk and Neal doesn't like people, so I don't know how to go about meeting them. (Ummmmm maybe we shouldn't.) I feel like I should drop off a welcome-something, but I don't know what. Do people still do that? Like, if I ring their doorbell and hand them a present are they going to look at me like I'm retarded? I would. I would invite them all to the crawfish boil, but do I really want to subject them to the tension that fills the air whenever my parents are within a 10-mile radius of each other? Maybe I should just wait.
I'm going to attempt to plant shit in my garden tomorrow. It's already landscaped, but there are a few spaces that need some updating. I'm going to buy some mulch and some plants and just dig holes and do it. Yeah. So that's what's been going on for the past week or so.
PICTTTTTTTTTURES!!!!!!!!! Have a glorious crawfish boil, it's going to be perfect! And the neigbors, tell them you are having a boil, and they are welcome to stop by- they will only stay until they aren't comfortable anymore...and you might meet a great friend/house sitter/babysitter, bar-hanger outter, etc. Just saying!
ReplyDelete