That is how I feel right now. Meh. I think it's a combination of having a very shitty week at work and Neal's new 14 and 14 schedule. I had him home for 14 days, which was great, but he left last Tuesday and we're only on day 4 of a 14 day hitch. This is going to take some getting used to.
The crawfish boil went perfectly. We had such a good time and everyone was well-behaved (until Aunt Barbara got hammered and started crying and kissing everyone on the lips) and we had plenty of crawfish and it was just wonderful. This was our first time hosting something for the family, so now I feel like I'm capable of doing it again. But oh my goodness the MESS. My house was a disasta' the next day.
I'm also kind of sad because now both my siblings live out of state. With Maddie in Houston and Ted and Diwina in Chicago for the next 3 or so years...well, it sucks. I like it when we're all geographically close to one another. I think I need some cheese to go with my whine.
On another note, I bought some purple and gold fleur de lis rainboots and it hasn't rained one day since I got them. I wore them one day anyway, because, well - fuck it. They're cute.
There was a mini Jazz Fest here in Abita last Sunday. We ate some jambalaya, had a few beers, watched some androgynous/hipster NOLA street musicians perform...all in all a good time. It was getting kind of hot out, so we went upstairs of the outdoor pavilion to watch the bands and it felt perfect. It was shaded and had a nice breeze going and we were both like "wow, I could totally take a nap right now." Another couple must have felt the same way, because they took it to the next level. They came up to the pavilion with a blanket, laid it on the floor, took their shoes off and went to sleep. I think I'm too nervous to sleep in public like that.
I made a huge mistake this week and tried one of the new Starbucks breakfast sandwiches. I got the bacon/egg/cheese one and it was pretty freaking good. I have not yet looked up the fat content of the sandwich but once I do, I probably won't be having another one anytime soon. But for real, it was decent. I was surprised.
I'll be spending Easter Sunday with Mom and Randy tomorrow. I think we're going to brunch somewhere in the Quarter. I don't care where we go, as long as they have mimosas.
I'm so glad the crawfish boil was great! And I wouldn't fall asleep in public either!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you do 7 days or 3 days or any days! I can't imgaine it, I would be complaining everyday waiting for someone to feel sorry for me. BUT I do know you, and know that you'll get used to it and it will become second nature in no time!
Hang in there! The other 14 days is fantastic! Miss you. Maybe you should come to Htown on one of your lonely 14....Maddie, Me, Kelly, Sarah. All good reasons, yes?
ReplyDelete