Ya'll! I gardened this weekend and I totally loved it. I planted some petunias, some azaleas, and a few other things that I can't remember the names of. Chances are that none of these plants will survive at all, but at least I'm trying. We're going on day 3 of the new plants not dying, so that's good.
I went to Lowes yesterday to get a few more things and I was waiting in the check-out line behind a couple that was probably in their late 30's. I crossed paths with them a few times in Lowes and he was saying things to her like, "You better watch your tone" and she goes "YEAH, RIGHT!" It took them forever to check out so of course I was staring at them the whole time and making snap judgments about their relationship. He had on a Lollapalooza shirt from 2006 and she had on a South by Southwest shirt from last year, so it seems that they like to party. All I kept thinking was oh my goodness, they're sober and in Lowes on a Sunday morning and they're this mean to each other? I bet they're horrific to be around when they're drunk and I bet (if their t-shirts are any indication) they're drunk a lot.
Neal should get home Wednesday and he will either be home for 7 days and then will work for 14 or he will be home for 14 days and then go to work for 14. If he's home for 14 days starting Wednesday, he will be home for my 'fertile time'. (I've been taking my temperature every morning and now I know when I ovulate - it turns out it's day 17. My doc told me it would happen day 14 - 16. She was wrong.) If he is only home for 7 days and then goes to work for 14, he will be gone every time I ovulate from here to eternity. Because we are who we are, I am almost positive that his schedule will work out so that he is gone when I ovulate. As soon as I find out this is the case, I am calling my doctor to make an appointment with a fertility specialist so that we can do the artificial turkey baster thing or so she can put me on medicine to force early ovulation or whatever. It's been almost a year that I've been off the pill....enough is enough.
I soooo am not able to focus on work right now becuase my mind is on the party this weekend. I am thinking about all the stuff I need to get and when we need to set up and who is bringing what and what am I going to wear and on and on and on. We're up to 32 people now. Yikes. But I talked to my brother today and he said that he and Diwina are so busy right now preparing to move and they're both so stressed out and they are looking forward to the party as a time to have fun and not worry about stuff for a little while. So that means it's all worth it.
I went to Hobby Lobby Saturday morning, which is now my regular Saturday AM routine when Neal's gone. I go get my monster iced latte from Starbucks and then go roam around Hobby Lobby for about 2 hours starting at about 830am. I got some good stuff this week for the guest bathroom which actually looks pretty decent now. And of course everything I bought was 50% off.
OK, for real I have to work now. Buh-bye.
This was a delight! Azelea's, Charting, Parties and Hobby Lobby!!! DEEEELIGHTTTTFUL! Again, your party will be perfection!
ReplyDeleteCrossing my fingers on that egg timing!
I want to spend 2 hours in Hobby Lobby!
ReplyDelete