Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday

I feel like I should take more pictures. This may involve purchasing a new camera. Like, I never take pictures anymore, EVER. This needs to change.

Now I need to paint the dresser/buffet. I finished the mosaic stuff, painted the knobs, and now it looks funny. What have I gotten myself into? What a freaking ordeal.

I just finished The Paris Wife and it peaked my interest in Hemingway (he was smart, crazy, and drunk - so unlike a writer, right?)so I decided to read The Sun Also Rises which is one of his most popular books, I guess. I started reading A Farewell to Arms a few years ago and never finished it. I need to put on my smart girl pants to read his stuff because it's a little hard to follow. I must must must finish this before I start reading anything else...but my next book will definitely be a no brainer.

And I think it's time that I make dentist appointments for Neal and I. But I just hate the dentist so much. And of course we both have different/weird insurance providers so the logisitics are a pain. I would rather go to the OBGYN and have a metal rod stuck up my whohaa than go to the dentist. That is pretty bad.

I went to my Aunt and Uncle's yesterday for BBQ and swimming. Aunt Babs was drinking O'Douls, so someone must have had a little talk with her.

I started watching Oprah's Behind the Scenes show on OWN. It's pretty interesting. I like it more than her actual show. She's just so real and honest and she hates high heels.

And let me just pass on this little piece of funny: our office manager is an older lady who is about two years away from retiring. She grew up in the 9th Ward and maaaannnn can you hear it in her accent. She always plans our office holiday lunches where everybody brings something to contribute. She wants to make enchiladas this week, so this is what she asks me to bring:

"Candice – Sour Cream and Gulamolie ??you know the green cream."

Yep, that was cut and pasted from her email. She's a trip, gotta' love her.

There was this episode of How I Met Your Mother where Lily's husband was gone for a few weeks and she missed him so much that she took her body pillow and dressed it up in his clothes and had a candlelit dinner with it. Now, I'm not saying that I've ever reached this point, but I can say that I see the appeal. Kidding, I'm just really really really really excited that he gets home Wednesday. Like, if I weren't at work I would sit at home and look out the window every 5 seconds waiting for his truck to pull up. Is that sad? It's probably a little sad. Oh well. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Not sad! And green cream! ha. ha. haahhahaaaaahahaahaa

    Please get a camera before this weekend and take some Hannah Claire pics and send them to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed out loud reading the "green cream" comment :) Miss you! Hope all is well!

    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go see Midnight in Paris-so good! I tried to get into Hemingway after and the books are sitting in my nook but I remember loving The Sun Also Rises in college. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete