Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Who Does That????

It is so freaking humid in my office right now. It feels like what I imagine the rainforest feels like. They can spend $250k to get hurricane-proof shutters on every window and door in the building but they can't fix this horrible A/C problem? (The $250k was federal grant money, but STILL.)

One of the many things I went shopping for this past weekend was Peanut's christening gift. I went to the local Jesus store figuring they would have something cute for a baby, but their selection was pretty weak. I couldn't do the Precious Moments stuff...I can picture Jeanne opening it and being like "thanks, so much" and then thinking to herself "crap, now I have to find someplace to put this shit." So I just bought her a little off-white and weathered keepsake box that has a window where you can put a picture. I figured that somebody will probably give her a rosary that she can put in the box. I've never actually bought anyone a christening gift before, so I had no idea what to get. I probably should have just bought her a cool looking wall cross from Hobby Lobby, but oh well.

I painted the dresser day before yesterday and it looks soooooooo much better. My dining room is 99% done now. There is one more thing I want to do to it, and then I will post some pics. And I want to give a shout out to Milkweed for giving me some awesome decorating ideas. If you haven't read Jessica's blog yet, go over there and do it! Plus, she has give aways for some of her adorable rehabbed furniture. And I also can't not mention my unofficial interior decorator idea-giver, Sarah Schnure. For reals, this chick has given me the best ideas and guidance ever. .

I went to the nail salon after work yesterday to get a pedicure and my phone rang while I was there. It was about 545. It was Neal and he was all like "hey" in a very somber way. It was his day to come home, so that is not a good sign. His company called him at 545pm, 15 minutes before he finishes his 14 DAY HITCH and asks if he wants a drilling job (he's assistant drilling right now) on another rig. And oh, by the way, we need you there tomorrow morning for another 7 days. He called me and was all, "what do I do?" We talked about it and he decided to say "no thanks." I'm not worried b/c another opening will come up b/c they're breaking out new rigs all over the place now, but COME ON. You cannot call someone up, 15 fucking minutes before they're about to leave after working 14 12-hour days in a row (PS - he worked from 6am until midnight Friday) and be like, "yeah, if you could stay another week, that would be great" Who the fuck does that? Seriously, WHO DOES THAT? He was all, "I can't do it. I just can't. I'll be miserable and mean to everyone out there and I can't do it" I wasn't complaining b/c I was ready for him to come home. So he should be at the house when I get home for lunch today. He'll just keep on assistant drilling until another drilling position comes up. And hopefully, next time, they'll call him in the middle of his hitch or after he's been home for a few days instead of doing it 15 minutes before he leaves on day 14. Again, WHO DOES THAT?

So yay because the week is halfway over and it's a 3-day weekend and I get to meet Hannah Claire Saturday and my dude will be home today and, last but not least, Friday is jean day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment