We stayed in Abita Friday night and went to the Brew Pub. Saturday we headed to Baskin which started off awkward but ended up being fun. Sunday morning we went to Alex and then got home Sunday night around 6. Yesterday we cleaned the house, went to the grocery STORE(Neal makes fun of me b/c I go to the grocery, not the grocery store), BBQ'd and watched the fireworks in Abita from our back yard. It all went by so quickly.
Now let me explain Baskin. Most of Marilyn's family was at their house when we arrived. And it was just a little awkward because it didn't seem like anyone wanted to be there. It was quiet and everyone was just looking at each other and it just felt uncomfortable. Once all the extended family left, Neal, my father-in-law and I popped a top and finally relaxed a little. We ended up drinking and playing cards and it was pretty fun. I just wish that my MIL wouldn't try to get everyone together whenever we come in town; it's usually more fun when it's just us hanging out.
And as for Hannah Claire? She is the most beautiful baby ever. She was so good during the christening and was laughing and smiling and making faces at the priest and she just melts your heart. She has these massive blue eyes and she's such a chill little baby. I wanted to take her home with me. Patrick and Jeanne and Hannah look soooo happy and they are the sweetest little family. And no I didn't take any pictures because I didn't have my camera with me, but everyone else there was taking pics, so I'm sure they'll end up on facebook at some point.
Can I name just a few of the things that I ate this weekend? Ribs, fried alligator, peanut butter cake, a hamburger, red velvet cake, boudin, crawfish etouffee, fried biscuits (yeah, that happened), bacon, pancakes, and the list goes on. Are you sick to your stomach after reading that? 'Cause I am. Like, how freaking gross. So even though I did not want to get up this morning, I did manage to drag my ass to the gym. I had to after the way I stuffed my face this weekend.
We finally ordered a bistro set for our back patio. This is what we got:

Hopefully it's delivered before Neal leaves next week so I don't have to spazz out and put it together myself. Slowly but surely we're addressing the needs of the backyard. We still haven't landscaped yet though. Oh well, it will happen eventually.
Hope everyone had a good 4th!
I want to watch fireworks in my Abita backyard....just saying.
ReplyDeleteAlso....I sure wish you were coming in for Sara's Houston shower. Want to??? It's the 16th. Just saying!
ReplyDelete