So the Harry Potter books are not available on Amazon for the Kindle. It seems that JK Rowling has not yet warmed to the idea of e-readers. Get with the times, JK! I would like to read these suckers before I see the last movie. But since I couldn't get the HP books, I started reading The Paris Wife, which is a novel that is written from the point of view of Ernest Hemingway's first wife. So far, so good. I really like it.
The weekend was good. I psycho-cleaned the house, went to Hobby Lobby (duh) and Sunday was allllll family. I hit up both Houma and my Dad's house. Houma was good. I got to see my cousin who lives in North Carolina whom I hadn't seen it about ten years, and her 1-year old daughter who is just the cutest of the cute. She just bebopped around and was so cute and friendly and chubby cheeked. I thought my mom was going to eat her. Like, she couldn't get enough. Oh, and I had a little chat with my ma' about over-sharing on facebook. Like, there is no need to mention that we are trying for a baby on facebook, mmmmmkay? And after all that I went to my Dad's only to be slobberd on by Aunt Barbara when I got there. Normally, when Aunt Babs is at my Dad's with only a few people around, she's pretty well behaved. Yeah, not Sunday. She must have been boozing earlier in the day because she was smashed. I swear, you never know what you're going to get with that one.
Neal called me last night and was all, "the weirdest thing just happened." Let me give you a little background on this situation....not anyone can just roll up to the rig that he works on. There is a gate at the only entrance and you have to check in with the gate guards before you can drive onto the location. Now who exactly are the gate guards? Well, in this case they are an old, retired couple who stay in their RV and guard the gate. They supposedly work as the gate guards part-time and they spend the rest of their time travelling around the country in their RV. They stopped Neal last night when he was driving back onto location and said, "Hey, are you the Saints fan from Louisian? We saw the sticker on your truck and your LA license plate. Hold on, we have something for you." At this point, the old lady goes into the RV and comes out with an iron fleur de lis wall ornanment and a silver fleur de lis platter and says, "someone gave me these and I don't have anywhere to put it so here, take it." He said they are both pretty decent. I'm not quite sure what to think of all this, but I guess if they look allright we'll keep them. But how do I address the thank you card? "Dear Old Gate Guard Lady, thank you so much for pawning off your old shit on my husband. We really appreciate it. Much Love, the Saints fans from Louisiana."
I'm almost done with the mosaic dresser stuff. I need to buy a few more tiles and then work the grout into it. And again, I can't stress this enough, don't ever attempt this on anything even remotely big. I wish I hadn't started it.
I have a radio on my desk and since this building is built of some sort of impenetrable material, I only get ONE radio station. And of course it's the oldies station. (And before you say anything, I can't stream Pandora from my computer because the nazi's block the Website on our computers.) So I listen to the Oldies at work all day every day and now it's playing "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys and it's making me think of Big Love and I'm kind of sad it's over. But I am glad that True Blood starts soon. I feel like True Blood = summertime. Not quite the same way that the summer season of Beverly Hills 90210 at the beach club = summertime, but it still = summertime, nonetheless.
Anyway, it's time to work! Hope everyone is having a good week!
Hahhhaa Thank you note, hahhaha BHBC.
ReplyDeleteI mean I can't wait to see this tile mosaic thing!
(I mean it still doesn't want me to comment using my name!!!!! It's sarah!)