Thursday, January 6, 2011

Habits

When my alarm went off yesterday morning at 515 it was hurricaning outside, so I opted to sleep in and go to the gym after work instead. It was the first time since we've moved here that I've gone to work out after work. I hated it. It was a sausage fest in there. Bunch of tatted up dudes in wife beaters and someone was on my preferred treadmill (which is the only one that sits under the fan. And yes, my gym is a piece of shit.). After that I went to the local Abita grocery store because I didn't feel like going to Rouse's. I mean, this change in schedule fucked my entire world up. It was like I didn't even know where I was. I am such a creature of habit and I do the same thing every Mon thru 430ish on Friday that when I change it up just a little...I just ended up feeling completely weird all night. Yeah, I've got issues.

I'm also riding the line about something important: Dog or no dog? I've found a litter of puppies at a shelter in Ponchatoula that are half terrier half poodle (which means they shouldn't shed). I am seriously thinking about it. My main reason for not doing it? I don't want the responsibility. But then why am I trying to have a kid, right? I think it would be fun to have a little pup around to keep me company when Neal's gone. And we really don't travel all that much anymore, so it's not like I need to worry about boarding it all the time. I'm leaning more towards 'yes' on this, but I'm still a little hesitant. I'm a neat freak and that makes me nervous. But a kid will probably f up the house more than a dog, so like I said, I need to get used to it. If we get a female dog, I'm naming her LuLu Bug. (And you say it with a southern accent, like it's one word - LuLaBug.)Don't hate.

We're getting each other bikes for Christmas, but we haven't bought them yet. We were supposed to get them last week, but the weather was so shitty that we knew we couldn't ride them yet, so we're going to pick them up the next time he's home. I can't remember the last time I rode a bike...from what they say, it's not something I should forget how to do. Speaking of bikes...last night's episode of Modern Family is probably the funniest one I've ever seen. I laughed my ass off. Neal hasn't jumped on that bandwagon yet, but he will. Oh yes, he will. This may be the episode that does it.

4 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GET A DOG! Remember when I HATED HATED HATED Dogs??? Now I love mine more than anything. John is a 1000% neat freak and the dog is fine! Martha says "You won't notice a dog lives in a house if you have a clean dog and clean house to begin with" DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT! LulaBug DO IT DO IT. I can't wait for you to post pics of a puppy!!!!! Like I'm being serious, Piper makes me heart melt at least once a day and she can't even talk to me. REMEMMMMMMMMMMBER when I couldn't stand a dog even touching me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a dog named Sasha that is free to the perfect home. She's older, calm, super cute and sweet. Just saying...... think about it! She needs love and attention that I don't give her anymore. I'm sure she would like being called Sashi Lulu Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you in a you crack me up and i love what you write kind of way....just to clarify!

    ReplyDelete