Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Big Head

My head is expanding. I mean that figuratively, but it is. Because there is a job available at work that is similar to what I do, but it encompasses muuuuch more stuff than my job. I just heard today that the person who is hiring for the position wants for me to apply for it. ME. Like.....whaaaattttt? And then, one of my professor's from grad school emailed me today and wants for me to be a guest lecturer in his class. And so now I think I'm all smarty smarty pants and I can physically feel my ego growing. This means that something will probably happen tomorrow to knock my ass down a notch.

I have decided to hold off on the dog. Two friends who have young kids were both like "Don't. Do. It." And while I know that I am not pregnant yet, I am pretty sure that as soon as I decide to get a helpless little puppy, I will miraculously become preggo. Because that is how it works around here.

And I'm also pretty sure that in one of my drunken stupors this weekend, I told Neal that I did not want him to go for the directional drilling stuff yet because I don't want him gone anymore than he is already. The extra money would be nice, but in the grand scheme of things, having him at home as much as possible is just way more important to me. I am so much happier when he's home. And he will move up in the company that he currently works for, it is just not happening as quickly as he would like it to. That is one of the drawbacks of working for a large drilling company; but if you ask me, it is still much better than working for the small companies that tend to be fly-by-night and are not always very stable.

So I don't know if I'm going to apply for the job or not. I am considering it. I am pretty content with my current situation, and it would involve a change in bosses and a bit more responsibility and stress. I dunno. I need to think about it.

1 comment:

  1. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU???? I love it love it love it. Standing up for what you want when drunk, getting promos, guest speakers! I Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it. It can't hurt to apply, right? DO it Do it DO it DO IT!

    ReplyDelete