Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrrrrrr

So I decided not to apply for the other job. I thought about it for a few days and decided that it would be just a little too much. My current boss is really nice and totally lets me do my own thing. I have two great girls that work for me and I really like what I do. I currently manage a grant that consists of about a million dollars a year; the other job consisted of managing all the managers of all the grants in the Parish that bring in a total of about 74 million dollars a year. I think I would burn out on that job in no time at all. I want to maintain where I'm at for a little while and maybe move on and up in a few years. But for right now, I think that status quo is A-OK.

I got up to go to the gym this morning, got in the jeep, and the mother f-er wouldn't start. I go back inside ready to throw myself on the bed and cry in a fit of rage (I really hate having car problems so I'm slightly dramatic about them) and Neal is getting up and putting on shoes with his PJ's so he can jump my car off. Thank goodness he was home. And let me tell you, there's nothing cuter than your sleepy husband in his LSU pajama pants climbing into the back of his truck at 530 in the morning to get jumper cables and fix your car. I felt bad about him having to wake up so early b/c he has to leave at 10 this morning to drive to Shreveport and then work all night from 6pm until 6am tomorrow morning. That has to suck.

I'm in the market for an armoir to put in my dining room. I wish they weren't so freaking expensive. I saw one at the Abita Springs Cafe last week that is light green and weathered and it would be soooooo perfect in our dining room. It's not for sale or anything, but maybe I can find an unfinished one and then get my cousin to faux finish it like the one in the restaurant.

It's cold as balls outside and I have to go buy a new car battery at lunch. Other than that, I don't think there's much else going on around here. Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment