Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ick

I got soooo sick Thursday night. I threw up for about three hours and it was horrible. And no, I'm not pregnant. It must have been something I ate. I thought I was dying. I then slept through the next two days and yesterday I finally felt okay enough to leave the house and eat something more than just saltines and toast. I then cleaned the 'ick' feeling off of the inside of house yesterday so now I feel much better. But I'm still not interested in eating anything that isn't toast, saltines, a baked potato, or chicken noodle soup. That should change in a day or two.

Did I tell you that we're 'flag people' now? Because we are. You see, I'm not big on decorating the outside of the house for holidays. It's too much work and our ceilings are too high and I just don't think it's worth it. I put a wreath on the door for Christmas and it took me like 30 minutes to get it up there because there were difficulties with the ladder and then with positioning it correctly. And once I finally got the mother fucker up there and plugged it in, the lights didn't work. SO PISSED. So I just left it up there all Christmas. It was just a plain, green wreath with no lights. It looked stupid. And I'm not sure why I didn't wait for Neal to get home to let him fool with it, but sometimes I'm like a 3-year old girl whose all, "I want it now and I do it all by myself." Anyway, I don't want to have to go through this kind of drama every holiday so I bought a flag holder and flag pole and let Neal put it up last week and now we're flag people. We have this awesome Mardi Gras flag up right now and when MG is over, I already have my eye on a crawfish/fleur de lis flag for the spring. Like, how easy is that? I just have to buy a new flag every 2 months or so and BAM - we're totally festive.

And did I tell ya'll my plan for the loop/block party? I may have, but I'm not sure. So one of my favorite things ever is the Pine Street block party that happens the Saturday before Mardi Gras every year uptown. They block off the street and Deacon John plays and there is a beer truck and everyone dances and it's awesome. So I figure, why can't we do this at the ole' Abita Oaks Loop? Only 4 houses on the loop are currently occupied, but I bet there are a few more by this time next year. So this is my plan: two Saturday's before Mardi Gras Day, there is a push-mow parade in Abita. And that is exactly how it sounds. People enter the parade with any type of tractor, lawn mower, etc and you dress up and throw shit like a normal mardi gras parade. Only you're on tractors. Yeah, I'm serious. So what I'm thinking is that we schedule the "loop party" after the parade. We can start small next year with a local band and a few kegs and then eventually it will grow. And I've met the Abita Mayor a few times through work stuff, so I will totally bring this up with him at some point. Mark my words people, this is happening. It will totally become a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment