Monday, February 21, 2011

3 Day Weekend

So I drove to Shreveport this weekend for a "visit." I just stayed one night; I got a positive ovulation test late last week, so I decided to just go for it since I had today off. He was working days so I got a hotel room and he came to meet me after work. I kept thinking that I was doing something wrong by being there...I mean, we're married! I shouldn't feel weird about it, right?! Neal was saying that at some point when we have a screaming, crying, baby Hayes or Stella running around our living room I'm going to be like, "I drove 5 hours to Shreveport for you!" That drive took forever...I can't believe he drives that far every 7 days.

I finally got a much-needed pedicure today. I don't think I've had one since October. It was so nice and now I can finally wear sandles. I then went to the grocery store and got everything I needed to make the poppy seed chicken salad which I had for the first time at Sarah's bachelorette party (I had to google the recipe). It was everything I hoped it would be and more. SO. GOOD.

I think we're going to Baskin Thursday night to visit Neal's grandfather (he's been in and out of the hospital lately) so I'm going to take off Friday. This means that I only have a 3-day work week and I am super stoked about it. It's nice to have a little break sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. The drive to Shreveport will probably feel like cake after labor. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten any of your blogs in FOREVER, I'm so mad at google reader right now I could scream. I have so much to say, I'm emailing you!

    ReplyDelete