1. I'm at the drive-thru at Starbucks this morning and when I go to hand the girl at the window my debit card I drop it. It doesn't just drop right there to the ground, it somehow makes it underneath my car. Like in the middle of underneath my car. I had to get down on all fours and crawl underneath the jeep to get it. My pants got dirty and the girl at the window is just looking at me, not saying anything. I hand it to her and she's all like "thanks" and then hands me my coffee and says "have a nice day." Seriously? Can you not acknowlegde what just happened? I was just crawling around on the ground underneath my car with 10 cars behind me in line and you can't even offer up a "whoops! are you okay? that sucks!" or something like that? Fucking robot drive-thru bitch.
2. I make it to work, get out of the car, and my entire purse turns upside down and all my shit drops in the middle of the street. Not even 815 yet this morning and I've already completely spazzed out.
3. We got an alarm installed in our house. I am happy about it because it makes me feel safer when I'm home alone at night, but I am too nervous to use it in the middle of the day. It gives me 45 seconds to turn it on and get out the door. Our house is small, so it shouldn't take me anywhere near that long to get out the door, but I am totally scared of setting it off. So I think I'll just use it at night for the time being. The alarm system now also gives us the "beep beeps" when any door opens or closes. It reminds me of our old house on Ira Street in Baton Rouge. It had the "beep beeps" whenever a door opened or closed. Jeanne had this one boyfriend (James) who worked at a bar and would come over late at night after his shift. They would often fight and he would come and go and come and go over and over and over. There was a lot of beeping. We could always tell when they were arguing.
4. I can't tell when I'm ovulating. I think I have signs of ovulation, but then later I think I'm way off. I ordered one of those basal body temperature thermometers so I can start "charting." I am not looking forward to this.
5. We're having a "good-bye" crawfish boil at our house for Ted and Diwina in April, since they're move to Chicago. Maddie and Harmon are going to come in town for the weekend and Neal should actually be home this time so he can enjoy the party. Because of this, I'm thinking that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I didn't get preggo until after the party. Know what I mean? I have so much fun partying with Maddie & Harmon when they come in town, and I would hate to miss out on all the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment