Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reading and Stuff

Since I got my Kindle, I've gotten into these 'dystopia' books. They're usually about teenagers in the post-apocalyptic U.S. that fight and fall in love and all that stuff. I read the Hunger Games series and then just finished a book called 'Divergent.' For some reason, the normal chick lit books just aern't cutting it anymore. I need a little break from Emily Giffin and Jane Green and all that.

And don't laugh, but I think I'm going to try reading the Harry Potter books now. I used to laugh at the movies and the adults who read and watched Harry Potter, but since Neal loves the movies I actually tried watching some of them and they're pretty good. I like having a series of books to read, so I'm going to start with the first book and see how it goes.

And I don't think I told ya'll but I attempted the mosaic thing on my dining room dresser/buffet. Um, I don't recommend it. It is SUPER tedious and really time consuming. I've done about half of the top of it and so I am going to attempt to finish it either this weekend or next. And now I need to either spray paint or buy new knobs for the drawers because the ones on there don't match anymore.

I have six post-it notes on my work computer right now. They each list something that I have to do followed by an exclamation point. It's really not a very effective way of formatting a to-do list. I used to be SO organized at work...what happened?!

2 comments:

  1. I got really into fictional books that followed biblical stories or happenings or events...what's the 'genre for that'- I need some more!

    I can't comment under Sarah for some reason???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take a break from chick lit and got all in to my war books. Well, believe it or not they are super stressful so I took a mini break and just finished What Alice Forgot. Really cute if you ever need a break.

    ReplyDelete