I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat right now. It's like there is a well of extreme irritability and crazy emotion that is bubbling up right underneath the surface, and I am just waiting for someone to pull the trigger so I can let loose. I'm trying to keep my composure and fake smiling and happiness, but it's a little hard to do. If I'm lucky, no one will come in here and talk to me for the rest of the day. 1 hour and 52 minutes left until I can go home and chug (in the most ladylike way possible, of course) a glass of wine and hang out with Neal and hopefully not explode in tears all over him.
In other news, I think I may have PMS today. Just a hunch.
We have some new neighbors in the "big" house next door to ours. There is definitely a situation there, but I'm not sure what it is. From what we can gather from peaking through the blinds, this is an interracial couple with a brady-bunch-like family. There is a black man with dreads, a white woman with 2 or 3 white kids, and a mixed-race baby. We were leaving the house the other day and he was unloading a huge bag of soccer balls from his truck, so these are the two scenarios we've come up with:
A. He plays professional soccer for a team in NOLA (if there is one).
B. He is a soccer coach at a highschool here. One of the mom's sons plays for him, he met the mom, and they fell in love and now they are the multi-racial brady bunch of Abita Springs.
I think he may possibly be british because he has some weird looking plate on the front of his truck with a 'GB' on it. Maybe GB = Great Britain? Who knows. I'm only speculating. I haven't heard him speak yet so I don't know if he has an accent.
Anyway, we were going to bring over some cookies to them to say 'welcome to the neighborhood' and so I could do some recon and figure out what their story is because I am incredibly nosy and enjoy inserting myself into other people's business. We bought some cookies from the bakery in Abita, but when we got home, everyone was gone. We waited and waited, but no one ever came back. And since it was super hot out, I didn't want to leave them on their porch. So we ate them and they were delicious and now our new neighbors will never know that I get an 'A' for effort for trying to be neighborly.
Candice!!!!!!!!! Come back to Houston and let me see you this time!
ReplyDelete