Monday, May 16, 2011

And Again

We had such a good weekend and now we're on that downhill slide because he leaves tomorrow for another two weeks. Yuck yuck yuck. But on the bright side, he got a promotion!

We went to dinner Friday night for our anniversary (which is tomorrow - 3 years!)at this little french place in Mandeville called Cafe Lynn. It's a "casual fine dining" restaurant in a building that used to be a burger king. You have to see it to believe it. The food was delish, really really good. I would totally go back.

Saturday we worked on the house all day. We just got a shed for the backyard, so we moved all of his nasty oil field tools and other crap off of our back porch and into the shed. We no longer look like we have a white trash back yard, so that's good. We then planted a few more azaleas in the front yard and painted some furniture and stuff like that. And then it was burger + beer time at the Brew Pub. Yesterday was grocery shopping, church (me, not him. I asked him if he wanted to come with me and he said 'no' so I told him that I would just let Jesus know that he was busy) and drinks at the Barley Oak on the Lake. So it was just a really good, chill, weekend. I love those.

And now it's time for work all week and he leaves tomorrow and I'm pissy.

And you know, I think I've realized where all my anxiety comes from. When I was growing up, life was not always easy. And now, I have a hubbs I love, a house I love, a job I love, and I feel like it could all be taken away in a second and that if I don't worry about it, it will be taken away. Like as long as I worry about something, it won't happen. But the second I stop worrying, I think it will happen. I don't know why I feel/act this way, but I do. And I want to stop being like that. It affects me physically and it is the main reason I work out as much as I do. The running 4 days a week helps get out some of that excess anxiety energy that I am always feeling. If I didn't do that, I can't even imagine how much worse it would be. And I do go to church in an effort to relieve my anxiety through faith and an acceptance of things that I can't control, but I also cannot blindly accept all that I'm told in church. So this is where I need balance. I know I sound like a broken record, but I've got to find a way to stop being such a freaking worrier. I worry about being a worrier. But it helps to get this shit out and write about it sometimes, so thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love painted furniture, azela's and chillaxing weekends!

    2. Have you met your kindred spirit John Schnure? It's so hard for me to "get it" I didn't grow up with those feelings and they are so foreign to me and I don't know what to do with his 99.99% of the time. You are amazing for so many things, but one of them is addressing this so eloquently! NOT a broken record- it didn't take 3 years for you to obtain these feelings, its not going to take 3 years of the good life for them to go away. Keep on Keeping on my LOVE- you are stronger and have come further than you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total anxiety meltdown in the car on the way home from the gyno. Thought Evan gave me chlamydia. HAHA! And I just KNEW he did, because my wonderful life couldn't be true. Long story, but I don't have it (it totally looked like she marked it) and we have wonderful husbands, houses, and jobs and we just have to accept it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete