I didn't sleep at all last night because Neal didn't sleep at all last night. I tried to go to bed around 10 but he was up until almost 1 (he gets really nervous before going back to work when there's any type of change involved, so he doesn't sleep much the night before he leaves)and since I knew he was up I couldnt sleep. My alarm goes off at 5:15 every morning, but lo and behold I get a text from my mother in law at 5:05 saying 'happy anniversary.' At 5 o'clock in the freaking morning. Very sweet of her, but so not necessary at that hour. I got so pissed because I hate waking up right before my alarm goes off so I re-set my alarm for 645, skipped the gym and went back to sleep. This lead to me beging sluggish and late this morning and then I almost set the house alarm off.
I have about 40 hours of DVR'd television to watch from the past two weeks. Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, the Office, 90210...all good stuff. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a teeny bit excited about it.
I also need to go back to the grocery store tonight to load up on chick food. I eat very differently when Neal's home and when he's gone. When he's home, we cook dinner most nights. When he's gone, I will eat the same thing every lunch/dinner for about 4days in a row. I feel like such a spinster when I unload all of my turkey, lean pockets, yogurt, pita bread and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches on the conveyer belt at the grocery store. Like, I might as well throw a Cosmo magazine, box of wine, and romance novel behind it for good measure.
Anyway...3 years ago today we were in Galveston about to get hitched. Last night he told me that it was the best decision he ever made. Sweetness, right? :)
I thought this was going to be about Chick-fil-a!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!!!! Of course it was the best decision both of you ever made! Love you!