Today and yesterday at work have flown by. This probably means that the rest of the week will creepy creep by at a very slow pace. I'm going to make beef stroganoff for dinner tonight (or as Neal calls it 'strog') and drink some pinot grigio and then watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune like we do every night we're both home. Does that make us old, nerdy, sad, or all of the above? I just love Jeopardy so much. But I don't watch it when I'm home by myself because what fun is it to yell out answers when no one else is around to validate how smart you are? But he totally kicks my ass in Wheel of Fortune. I don't understand how his mind works like that, but he can solve a puzzle with like only three letters. I'm more of a trivia chick, not so much a puzzle solver. I keep telling him that if he would just try out for the ole Wheel we could win a vaca to Hawaii or something and then we could drive around in an RV that he would win from the final round. (Actually, I think I would want to sell the RV and he would probably want to keep it for LSU games, so I could see this turning into a fight.)
The important people that run our building decided that it was absolutely necessary to purchase hurricane proof screens to put on every single window and door in our building. (This glass was already bullet-proof, by the way. I guess that wasn't enough.) I was lucky enough to have a single window in my office and now they have taken away what little view and bits of natural light I had left. Now how am I supposed to make snap judgments and spy on pregnant bitches as they smoke cigarettes outside of my window with my view obstructed like this?
We have been to the Chimes twice in the past 5 days. It's pretty nice. They have this awesome outside seating that sits over the river and it looked great whenever we glanced back at it from the inside bar, which is where we were sitting. We went Thursday night and it wasn't super crowded. Ate some alligator, had some drinks, etc. We went back Saturday and holy meat market, batman. It was packed with tan bodies and muscles and chicks playing with their hair and skinny minny bartenders with short shorts and tank tops. So we may become people that only go to the Chimes on Thursdays or Sundays. I think Fridays and Saturdays are going to be spent someplace else for a little while. We were sitting at the bar and these 6 people walked in, 3 mega-muscle dudes and 3 over-made up chicks. Neal guessed that they were going to order Michelob Ultra Light, I guessed vodka. I was right...all 6 of those trash monkeys ordered cosmos.
Is it really only Tuesday? I'm so ready for the weekend!
I missed this earlier this week, but the whole thing made me laugh. Especially that you are Chimes people only on Thur + Sundays!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend!