Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jean Day Tomorrow!

1. I didn't watch or DVR Oprah's final show. I don't really care about watching it. I feel like this makes me a bad person?

2. This is how my office works: my boss calls me and our office manager to his desk and says, "Well, I should probably do this individually with each of you, but who am I kidding there are no secrets in this fucking office...anyway, you're both getting raises. I applied for raises for both of you last year and they're just now going into effect since everything in government takes fucking forever." He did not tell me how much the raise is because he doesn't know, so I have no idea what the actual dollar amount is. He's not what you would call "detail oriented."

3. Neal gets home next Wednesday then has to leave again Sunday to go to Lafayette for well control training for four days. Sigh. But I decided to take off Thursday and Friday of that week so we can hang. I booked a room for us at the Monteleone Thursday night so we can eat and drink in the Quarter and look at fishes at the Aquarium.

4. I'm thinking of attempting to do some sort of mosaic thing to the top of our former dresser turned dining room buffet. I looked up how to do it and it doesn't seem *that* difficult. Basically, I buy the little tiles, glue them to the top of the table, and then grout around them after they dry. Something along these lines but not nearly as fancy/girly.....


5. Lord I hope it rains today. Our grass is struggling.

6. Tomorrow is jean day at work and this makes me very happy. We're also having an office BBQ for lunch.

7. Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

1 comment: